As a business, you understand the importance of having a fantastic, professional website and logo. These are the first things that your customers will see and if done correctly, will make your business memorable.
The same goes for photographs. Using the best available photos to make sure you stand out from the crowds, whilst making your website look more professional and more appealing to your customers.
You need your photos to display what your business does, your branding and what makes your company unique! You need to display your company online in the best way possible in order to drive more enquiries.
Here Are Our Top Tips When Taking Photos For A Website:
- Check the lighting: Ensure there are no reflections and that the exposure isn’t too bright
- Check what’s in the background of the photo: Is it relevant to your business? Is it too busy?
- Make sure the photo isn’t blurry and is High Definition
- Add your logos in the picture where possible
- Include images of your vans/lorries if they are branded
- Do your staff wear a uniform? If so, make sure they are wearing their branded workwear in the photo
After you have taken your photos, they are ready to be added to the website!
To make sure they are added to your website in the best possible way, there are a few things to consider before sending them to your web Developer:
- Take the photo landscape rather than portrait
- If sending pictures via an iPhone, send these as an attachment rather than embedded in the email
- Make sure the photo is at least 2000 Pixels wide
- Ensure there is space around the main item in the photo (i.e padding)
Photos on your website are an investment, they develop your brand identity and help you stand out from your competitors.
If you’ve just had a new website or a revamp, you’ve invested your money and time, so why let bad pictures ruin all that effort?